Import Facebook calendar birthdays & events
Changing Smartphones frequently has the downside of having different calendar approaches.
As I had the chance to see different styles, I realized I was in need of something that would let me give me an overview of everything, in terms of contacts’ updates, events and birthdays.
I found this very useful application called fbcal: basically what it does is to export your events and birthday reminders on Facebook to your calendar in Outlook, Google Calendar, Apple iCal and of course Windows Live.
What you need to do, or at least what I found it to work is this approach (courtesy from ):
Step 1: Go to fbCal.com and click on “Get your Calendars Now”.
Step 2: Now to export your birthday calendar from Facebook, click on “Or download a copy here.” from “Subscribe to your friends Birthday” section of fbCal as illustrated from the screenshot below. You will have to first log into Facebook and give permission to fbCal to access information before you can download the .ics file.
Step 3: Now to import this calendar to Windows Live. Log into Windows Live Calendar and create a new Calendar. Give your calendar any name like “Facebook” and your new calendar will be created.
Step 4: Now select your newly created calendar and click on subscribe. Select “Import from an ICS file” and then browse the .ics file created using fbCal. Clicking on Import Calendar button will import all the birthday reminders from your Facebook calendar to your Windows Live Calendar.
The best part is that the Facebook calendar which you just imported to your Windows Live Calendar will be automatically synched to the desktop client i.e. Windows Live Mail as shown in the screenshot below:
Similarly you can repeat the above steps to import your Facebook events calendar to your Windows Live too by selecting “Or download a copy here.” in Step 2 from “Subscribe to your Facebook events” section of fbCal.
So, in the end, in your phone you’ll see 2 more calendars: one called “fdcal Birthday (in read only) and one called “fdcal Events” which will be the events you accepted through Facebook.
The process seems complicated but it was really smooth.
Now, I realized I had a lot of duplicate lines in the Windows Live calendar (that contains a lot of calendars, BTW) and, as it integrates perfectly with the Windows Phone 7, I guess I need to spend some spare time on cleaning that up…
- 49,893 hits
EMEA MVP Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, Rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- Azure Search indexer for #Azure Blob #Storage now in public #preview azure.microsoft.com/blog/azure-sea… 2 days ago
- ...and I'm ready for #windows10mobile too ☺ 2 days ago
- I’m ready for #Windows10. Are you? Wear the badge and show the love. windows10fan.twibbon.com https://t.co/tD9aCdhLl7 2 days ago
- RT @ITCampRO: The #ITCamp16 website was just updated with more information about the 6th edition of our IT Conference - visit https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @granicz: This week in Montreal has been wonderful, spreading F# everywhere, great food, great pubs and great people - thank you all! #f… 2 days ago
- @granicz happy to hear that! 2 days ago
- just having a "Cafriccio" to go 😊 (@ Aeropuerto Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas (MAD) - @aenaaeropuertos in Madrid) swarmapp.com/c/3goKzXlpyyH 2 days ago
- @granicz hey man how are you? Long time no see. How F# doing? 😊 4 days ago
- A nice and useful list of photo editors for #Windows10 windowscentral.com/best-photo-edi… 4 days ago
- RT @clsxitaly: Non ti sei ancora iscritto/a al #clsxitaly ?? Corri subito! Puoi avere la t-shirt solo entrò l'8 febbraio! https://t.co/ii7s… 1 week ago
- @clsxitaly Assolutamente sì ! 1 week ago
- @clsxitaly purtroppo non potrò esserci ma grazie 1000 per l'invito ! :) 1 week ago
- @nicolaiarocci yes me (although we don't know each other yet :)) 1 week ago
- RT @OpenFog: Good primer video series on #fogcomputing by Angelo Corsaro, Prismtech CTO - the what, why, when and how of fog https://t.co/U… 1 week ago
- RT @windowsinsider: PC Build 14521 is now available to #WindowsInsiders in the Fast ring: wndw.ms/JZmxTY (via @gabeaul) 2 weeks ago
- RT @saravanamv: Why do we care so much about the BizTalk Community? bizta.lk/1ORCXyo #msbts https://t.co/VkOvA2NZG9 2 weeks ago
- Hi @NikoNeugebauer we can just ask @MVPAward :) Pls provide them a link to your event as well! 2 weeks ago
- RT @MVPAward: Community-driven #SQLNexus will be held on May 2-4 in Copenhagen and Call for Speakers is open! sqlnexus.com #MVPB… 2 weeks ago
- Announcing #Windows10 Insider Preview Build 11102 bit.ly/1PsbUc6 2 weeks ago